Community First Fox Cities Marathon Medical Director
The Community First Fox Cities Marathon presented by Miron Construction is excited to have Dr. Mark Westfall as the Medical Director for the event.
The Orthopedic & Sports Institute of the Fox Valley, the primary medical provider of the Community First Fox Cities Marathon, is proud to welcome back Dr. Mark Westfall as the medical director of this year’s events. Westfall, an emergency physician at Theda Clark Medical Center and EMS medical director for Gold Cross Ambulance Service, will supervise the Orthopedic & Sports Institute Finish Line Medical Pavilion at Riverside Park in Neenah.
Dr. Westfall is an avid runner and has completed marathons, half marathons, and a variety of distance challenges. He actively collaborates with recognized experts to explore event safety, traveling across the country to learn about the latest approaches utilized in world-class marathons.
Medical Director’s Corner: Newsletters
Fox Cities Marathon Medical Team
- Dr. Mark Westfall, ThedaCare Emergency Room – Medical Director
- Katie Halbach, Gold Cross Ambulance – On Course Medical Coordinator
- Nick Romenesko, Gold Cross Ambulance – Ambulance & Medical Transportation Coordinator
- Wendy Kamka, Orthopedic & Sports Institute – Finish Line Triage Coordinator
Race Day Medical Coverage
On Course Medical Aid Stations
- Medical Station #1 – Prospect St/Elm St, Combined Locks (Mile 9.5)
- Medical Station #2 – Sunset Park/Kimberly Ave, Kimberly (Mile 12)
- Medical Station #3 – Jaycee Park/Jackson St, Appleton (Mile 15.5)
- Medical Station #4 – Lakeshore Dr/Frances St, Fox Crossing (Mile 20.5)
- Medical Station #5 – Fritse Park, Fox Crossing (Mile 23)
- Medical Station #6 – Neenah Menasha Fire Department, Neenah (Mile 25.5)
Other Medical Assistance Available
- Sunset Park Trail, Kimberly – covered by the Kimberly 1st Responders
- Newberry Trail, Appleton – covered by the Appleton Fire Department
- Trestle Trail Bridge, Fox Crossing – Fox Crossing Fire Department
- Herb & Dolly Smith and Arrowhead Park Trails, Neenah – Neenah-Menasha Fire Department
- In addition to the Medical Aid Stations, multiple bike teams, moped teams and Gold Cross Ambulances will be stationed and roaming along the course for your safety
- The final two miles are extensively covered with the Neenah-Menasha Fire Dept. & Clayton-Winchester Fire Dept.