The Community First Fox Cities Marathon Presented by Miron Construction donated $59,655 from the 2018 race to a total of 28 northeast Wisconsin nonprofit groups including 11 area cross-country teams, this December.
“The marathon was started nearly 30 years ago to build health, wellness and community,” said Tara Perre, spokesperson for the Fox Cities Marathon. “We’re honored to give back a portion of our race proceeds to area nonprofit organizations who make a difference in our community. Participants of our races love the Community First Fox Cities Marathon because they know its impact goes beyond race week. They know they helped make an impact throughout the year to build strong communities.”
Nonprofit organizations benefiting this holiday season include:
- City of Appleton Fun Run Program
- City of Appleton Police Department
- City of Menasha Police Department
- City of Neenah Fun Run Program
- City of Neenah Parks and Recreation
- City of Neenah Police Department
- Fox Valley Metro Police Department
- Fox Valley Technical College – Nursing, Police and Fire Programs
- Gold Cross Ambulance
- Pace Setters, Inc.
- Riverview Gardens ServiceWorks
- St. Elizabeth Hospital Foundation Cancer Fund (Ascension St. Elizabeth Hospital was also the recipient of 40 blankets lovingly made by 5K race participants for cancer patients. The blankets are tied on race day.)
- University of Wisconsin – Oshkosh College of Nursing
- Village of Fox Crossing Police Department
- Volunteer Fox Cities
- YMCA of the Fox Cities
Eleven high school cross country teams also benefited including:
- Appleton East
- Appleton North
- Appleton West
- Fox Valley Lutheran
- Little Chute
- Mary Central
Since 1999, the Community First Fox Cities Marathon has provided donations for local charitable causes and nonprofit organizations.
Registration for the 2020 Community First Fox Cities Marathon Presented by Miron Construction will open soon.
About Community First Fox Cities Marathon Presented by Miron Construction
The Community First Fox Cities Marathon Presented by Miron Construction provides a healthy weekend of seven running or walking events for any age or ability. The 30th annual event is set for September 18-20, 2020. As a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, the Community First Fox Cities Marathon Presented by Miron Construction partners with area charities and has donated to area non-profit organizations over the past 20 years.
Find the Community First Fox Cities Marathon Presented by Miron Construction on social media: