Nothing says, “workplace bonding” quite like running 26.2 miles together, right? Don’t worry, that was sarcasm. The Community First Fox Cities Marathon Presented by Miron Construction does have an exciting opportunity for your workplace to participate in its weekend of events with the Business Challenge sponsored by Pierce Manufacturing.
The Pierce Business Challenge encourages local companies to go the extra mile to promote health and fitness in their organizations. Company members can sign up for any of four events:
- Community First Fox Cities Marathon
- ThedaCare Half Marathon (Open & Competitive Walk Divisions)
- Orthopedic & Sports Institute Relay Marathon
- Ascension 5K Run/Walk.
Does your workplace wellness program need a boost? There are a number of benefits to participating in this challenge. Exercise is known to reduce stress and anxiety, so encouraging employees to participate may create a healthier, more energetic workplace. In addition, participating in a challenge like this as a team will encourage social support, increased stamina, strength and confidence. This, in turn, supports team building and positively impacts an organization.
If your organization chooses to participate, we will provide you with a toolkit to help promote the races, team photo opportunities on race day and support to launch a company kick-off meeting. Participants will also receive training plans and online resources to help them share this healthy lifestyle with their families.
To register for the Business Challenge:
- Complete the online registration form.
- Take note of the ‘Team Name’ to share with fellow employees; they will need the exact Team Name to join your corporate team; get creative! Registration for your company is FREE; however, normal race registration fees apply.
- Let your fellow employees know the team is set up and distribute the online registration link (see below) so that they are able to start registering for their individual races: http://www.foxcitiesmarathon.org/registration/
Want to take the Pierce Business Challenge a step further? Here are more promotion recommendations to get your team fired up:
- Host a lunch and learn to showcase the FUN side of this opportunity to your employees
- Offer incentives to employees who participate such as t-shirts, discounted registration, gift cards, an extra PTO day, etc.
- If you have an internal email newsletter or intranet, include the registration link
- Create a team accountability plan so employees can check-in with each other as they prep for race weekend. They can schedule training runs together, discuss nutrition and share their recommendations for running gear.
- Feature participants on social media by highlighting employees who are consistent with their training schedule, go for a run or walk on their lunch break, are eating extra healthy to prepare, etc. Only highlight employees if they are comfortable with it.
- Tag Community First Fox Cities Marathon on social media so we can cheer you on!
Check out the Pierce Business Challenge page for more details. We can’t wait to see your team in September for race weekend!