The Community First Fox Cities Marathon Presented by Miron Construction is proud to announce the donation of more than $75,000 from last year’s events to 31 local non-profits, cross-country teams, running groups, nursing and police/fire programs and police departments.
“When people sign up for our events, we are not only giving them a platform to achieve their goals, we are also giving them a way to give back directly to the community,” Catherine Tierney, president/CEO of Community First Credit Union, said. “We cannot think of a better way to make the Fox Cities a happier, healthier place to live and we are so thankful to the participants, sponsors and volunteers who make this possible.”
Organizations benefiting from these donations include:
- YMCA of the Fox Cities
- PaceSetters, Inc.
- UW Oshkosh Nursing Program
- Gold Cross Ambulance Service
- City of Neenah Fun Run Program
- My Team Triumph – Fox Cities
- Bergstrom-Mahler Museum of Glass
- Fox Valley Technical College of Nursing & Police/Fire Programs
- Volunteer Center of East Central Wisconsin
- City of Neenah Parks & Recreation
- City of Appleton Fun Run Program
- Rawhide Boys Ranch
- City of Neenah Police
- City of Menasha Police
- Village of Fox Crossing Police
- Fox Valley Metro Police
- City of Appleton Police
- St. Elizabeth Cancer Foundation
- Riverview Gardens Service Works program
- Moms Run This Town/She Runs This Town
Eleven high school cross country teams have also benefitted from these donations including Appleton East, Appleton North, Appleton West, Fox Valley Lutheran, Kaukauna, Kimberly, Little Chute, Menasha, Neenah, St. Mary Central and Xavier.
To date, the Community First Fox Cities Marathon Presented by Miron Construction has returned almost $1 million to the community.