By Jesse Drake, executive director of the Fox Cities Marathon
The courses for the 2018 Community First Fox Cities Marathon presented by Miron Construction were designed to feature some of the great areas within the Fox Cities that you might not be familiar with. The full marathon course features almost seven miles of paved trails, while the ThedaCare Half Marathon course features three miles of paved trails.
Participants in the marathon and the half marathon will be able to see the community on the following paved trails, which some of the most scenic parts of this year’s course:
- Sunset Park Trails, Kimberly (full marathon course)
- Telulah Park Trails, Appleton (full marathon course)
- Newberry Trail, Appleton (full marathon course)
- Fox Cities Trestle Trail Bridge, Menasha & Neenah (full marathon & half marathon courses)
- Lake St. Trail, Fox Crossing & Neenah (full marathon & half marathon courses)
- Smith Park/Arrowhead Park Trail, Neenah (full marathon & half marathon courses)
Not only are these trails a highlight of the course, all of them also feature a park or multiple parks attached to the trails – so not only do you run on the trails, you wind through the parks as well.
If you’re a local participant, or visiting the Fox Cities prior to race weekend, consider running, walking or biking on some of these trails. Not only will you get to experience sections of the race day course, but you may experience a part of the Fox Cities you didn’t even know was there!
For more information on the Fox Cities Marathon weekend of events, to register for an event or to get course information, visit foxcitiesmarathon.org.