By Jesse Drake, executive director of the Fox Cities Marathon
The 2018 Community First Fox Cities Marathon Presented by Miron Construction Training Runs & Walks has started. If you haven’t taken advantage of or given these FREE weekly training runs a try, you’re missing out! We’ve once again partnered with the PaceSetters Running Club of the Fox Cities to provide you with a weekly opportunity to make sure you’re on track to have a successful Fox Cities Marathon or Half Marathon.
Led by PaceSetters’ knowledgeable volunteers, the Saturday morning training runs/walks provide a ton of value at no cost. Not only are they free, but the following benefits are almost too good to be true:
- Water and Gatorade at the start, on the running course and at the finish
- On-site athletic trainers from ThedaCare (starting June 16th) to address any aches or pains
- Restrooms and shelter provided by Run Away Shoes at the start/finish
- Pre-planned routes with distances based on the race you are training for
- With regular attendance of 100+ individuals, you will have running partner(s) regardless of your planned pace
- Knowledgeable PaceSetter volunteers to answer questions and ease concerns you may have during the training process and leading up to race day
The PaceSetters training runs take place every Saturday at 7:00 a.m. from now through September 15. Participants meet and start at Run Away Shoes in Appleton, located at W3192 County Rd KK, Appleton, WI 54915. For more information and details, please visit foxcitiesmarathon.org.