By Jesse Drake, executive director of the Fox Cities Marathon
If you’re on the fence and haven’t registered for one of the Community First Fox Cities Marathon Presented by Miron Construction events, here are seven reasons you should sign up before midnight on May 31:
- Registration prices go up on June 1st – why wait one more day and pay more for the same registration?
- Registering today gives you almost four full months to get ready for race day.
- The PaceSetters Training Runs this weekend, Saturday, May 26th. You can join and have a built-in support system to get you to the start and finish line.
- Chances are someone else you know has already signed up and is training. Make a competition out of it and see who finishes ahead of the other in your age division.
- Your registration dollars help support local community non-profit organizations. Almost $1 million have been raised since the Fox Cities Marathon’s beginning.
- There’s no way it will ever be as hot and humid as last year (at least we hope not). Late-September weather is typically mild and perfect for runners.
- What if the races fill up? You will regret missing this great opportunity.
In all seriousness, our registration prices are a really good deal for all the swag items (shirt, finisher medal, food and refreshments) you get to take home, the support you get along the course and an experience you won’t soon forget. See you at the start line!