A record breaking number of teams participated in this year’s Pierce Business Challenge, a friendly competition between businesses promoting health, wellness and community, part of the Community First Fox Cities Marathon Presented by Miron Construction weekend of events.
“The Pierce Business Challenge is a way for area companies to add energy, team spirit and wellness to their organizations over the summer and fall,” said Laurie Butz, marathon team lead.
Each company builds a team to compete in one of four divisions based on company size. At stake are bragging rights to the organization with the highest percentage of employee participation among four events during marathon weekend – the Ascension 5K Run/Walk, the Orthopedic & Sports Institute Relay Marathon, the ThedaCare Half Marathon and the Community First Fox Cities Marathon.
The top businesses this year are:
- First Place
- Alliance Laundry– Division 1 (more than 1,000 employees)
- Kimberly Area School District– Division 2 (501 – 1,000 employees)
- Miron Construction– Division 3 (251 – 500 employees)
- P.D.S. Fusion– Division 4 (250 or fewer employees)
- Second Place
- 4IMPRINT– Division 1
- Secura Insurance– Division 2
- Menasha Joint School District– Division 3
- Go Fast Manufacturing– Division 4
“Congratulations to all participants and especially these top businesses,” Butz said. “We hope to see them all back in 2020 for the 30th Anniversary of the marathon.”