We are quickly approaching this year’s Community First Fox Cities Marathon presented by Miron Construction in September, and we are still looking for volunteers! Our volunteers are the heart and soul of marathon weekend, and we are thankful for each person who chooses to come help out.
Kwik Trip is proud to sponsor our volunteers this year. As a perk for helping out, you get a free Kwik Trip volunteer t-shirt, an invitation to the Volunteer Party in early October, community service hours (if needed), and the satisfaction of helping serve your local community.
We need your help!
Some of the event jobs we still need volunteers for include:
- Awards – organizing the awards for runners at the finish line
- Course Marshalls – stopping traffic for runners
- Course operations – setting up before and cleaning up after the race
- Assistance with finish line food – assisting with replenishment of food for race participants
- Fun frame photography – walking around with a large photo frame and taking pictures of participants, volunteers, and families with your smartphone
- Setting up and cleaning up the Expo area
- Heavy lifting – assisting with heavy lifting as needed throughout the event
- Monitoring the lost and found area
- Face painting for kids (experience preferred)
- Massage therapists to provide massages to runners after their event (student or professional)
- Medical personnel – EMTs, nurses, doctors, and paramedics to assist all day
- Pace car drivers – leading the first person in the race (driver’s license required)
- Recycling ambassador – helping people decide which container is appropriate for their waste
- Shirt distribution – helping hand out t-shirts to participants
- And many more jobs can be found here
Signing up for a volunteer position is easy. Take a look at our full list of volunteer opportunities here and fill out the registration information. Each listing will give full information about the job description including date, time, location, and age requirement. Children under 13 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian adult volunteer.
If you have a large group that is interested in volunteering, please contact the Fox Cities Marathon office at 920-882-9499 or at [email protected] to sign up.
Thank you to all the volunteers from past years!